The Courtelis Center for Psychosocial Oncology
The Courtelis Center for Psychosocial Oncology at Sylvester provides a team of mental health professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers and a chaplain to help patients and their families cope with cancer. This program addresses the impact of the mind-body relationship on health, disease, prevention and recovery.
We offer the following psychosocial oncology services:
- Individual (adult/pediatric) and family counseling
- Medication for depression and anxiety
- Assessment and treatment for cancer-related fatigue and cognitive dysfunction
- Support groups, stress management groups, and psychoeducational classes
- Behavioral relaxation techniques and guided imagery
- Cancer-related sexual dysfunction therapy
- Pastoral counseling
- Referrals to community resources
Appointments and Locations
We have daily office hours available for consults and have expanded operations to include the Deerfield Beach and Plantation ambulatory facilities in addition to the main Miami campus at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
To schedule an appointment, please call 305-243-4129.