Translating research breakthroughs into more effective treatments remains one of Sylvester’s and the Braman Institute’s highest priorities. To facilitate collaboration, communication, and drive progress, the Institute offers a number of forums for interdisciplinary dialogue among its research scientists and clinicians covering basic science, clinical, and translational aspects of breast cancer research. These venues include weekly Braman Family Breast Cancer Institute Research Lab data reviews, bi-weekly Breast Cancer Site Disease Group multidisciplinary meetings and the following monthly meetings:
- Clinical breast journal club for the hematology-oncology fellows
- Grants workshop on the molecular mechanisms of breast cancer
- Grants workshop on breast cancer social sciences
- Braman Institute molecular research scientists meetings
- Breast cancer research seminar series
Additionally, a grant from the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation, with matching funds from the Herman and Millicent Levinson bequest and the Braman Family Breast Cancer Institute at Sylvester, supports a new Clinical Breast Cancer Research Fellowship Program to provide training in clinical research methods for physicians who intend to pursue an academic career in breast cancer care. Two clinical breast cancer research fellowship awards are available between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2013.
Clinical research scientists at the Braman Family Breast Cancer Institute at Sylvester are spearheading clinical trials in breast cancer genetics, prevention, imaging, pre-operative therapy, new surgical techniques, post-surgical chemotherapy and radiation, among other areas. In addition, new research is underway to improve mammography screening.
To learn more about our clinical research scientists, click on a specific name below:
Braman Institute-Affiliated Clinical Research Scientists
- Eli Avisar, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Fernando Collado-Mesa, M.D.
- Dido Franceschi, M.D.
- Carmen Gomez-Fernandez, M.D.
- Stefan Glück, M.D., Ph.D., F.R.C.P.
- Judith Hurley, M.D.
- Tan Ince, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mohammad Jahanzeb, M.D.
- Merce Jorda, M.D., Ph.D.
- Richard Kiszonas, D.O.
- Frederick Moffat, Jr., M.D.
- Mecker Moller, M.D.
- Alberto Jose Montero, M.D.
- Mehrdad Nadji, M.D.
- John Oeltjen, M.D.
- Maria Restrepo, M.D.
- Stephen Richman, M.D.
- Pearl Seo, M.D., M.P.H.
- Orlando Silva, M.D., J.D., F.A.C.P., F.C.L.M.
- Cristiane Takita, M.D.
- Catherine Welsh, M.D.
- Charles Vogel, M.D.
- Monica Yepes, M.D.