Steven I. Gayer, M.D., MBA
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- Professor of Anesthesiology
University of Miami School of Business
University of Miami School of Medicine
Orlando Regional Medical Center
University of South Florida, College of Medicine
- Gayer, S, Tutiven, J. Anesthesia for Pediatric Ocular Surgery: Ophthalmology Clinics of North America: 19(2); June 2006-In Press
- “Ophthalmic Anesthesia: More than Meets the Eye” Chapter in American Society of Anesthesiologists Refresher Courses in Anesthesiology: Published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkin; Alan Jay Schwartz, MD, MSEd Editor-in-Chief Volume 34 (2006)-In Press.
- "Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting After Abdominal Surgery” Gayer S., Palte H., Anaesthesia for Gastrointestinal and Colorectal Surgery Published by Dekker & Company Edited by Chandra Kumar and Mark Bellamy. January 2006-In Press
- Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia, 5th Edition Print Version, 2nd Edition for PDA;Contributing Author; Published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Edited by Barash PG., Cullen BF, Stoelting RK., 2006.
- McGoldrick KE., Gayer S, “Anesthesia and the Eye”Chapter in the 5th edition of Clinical Anesthesia Published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Edited by Barash PG., Cullen BF., Stoelting RK, 2006.
- Scott IU., Gayer S., Voo I., Flynn Jr. HW, Diniz JR.,Venkatraman A.: Regional Anesthesia with Monitored Anesthesia Care for Surgical Repair of Selected Open Globe Injuries. Ophthalmic Surgery Lasers & Imaging: Vol 36, (2)122-128. 2005
- “Rethinking Anaesthesia Strategies for Patients with Open-Globe Injuries: Alternatives to General Anesthesia” British Ophthalmic Anaesthesia Society’s Ophthalmic Anaesthesia News:August; 12:17-18 2005.
- “Systems to Ensure Proper Patient and Site Selection” Gayer S., Ophthalmic Hyperguide. Section: Risk Management Online Edition: www.ophthalmic.hyperguides.com/tutorials/risk/list.asp Edited by Carmen Puliafito M.D., M.B.A. Published by SLACK Incorporated; 2005 May.
- Gayer S., Cass GD., "Sub-Tenon Techniques Should Be One Option Among Many” Anesthesiology, Vol 100, (1) 196; 2004.
- Marcus ER., Gayer S, Anderson DR.: “Medical Evaluation of Patients before Ocular Surgery [Editorial] American Journal of Ophthalmology: Vol 136 (7) 338-339; 2003.
- Gayer S., Lubarsky DA.: “Cost-effective Antiemesis” In International Anesthesiology Clinics: Post-operative Nausea and Vomiting Vol 41( 4) Fall 2003; Published by Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins; Edited by Tong J. Gan.
- Scott IU, McCabe CM, Flynn HW, Lemus DR, Schiffman JC, Reynolds DS, Pereira MB, Belfort A,Gayer S: Local Anesthesia with Intravenous Sedation for Surgical Repair of Selected Open Globe Injuries. American Journal of Ophthalmology Vol 134, (5).707-711; 2002.
- Gayer S: Anaesthesia Management of Patients with Uveal Tract Melanoma” Chapter 13, pp. 167-179 in Ophthalmic Anesthesia, Published by Swets and Zeitlinger; Editors Gary L. Fanning, M.D., Chris Dodds, M.D., Claudia Kumar Chandra; 2002.
- Gayer S, Flynn, Jr. HW, : “Sub-Tenon’s Injection for Local Anesthesia in Posterior Segment. Surgery-Discussion of Paper by Li HK, Abouleish A, Grady J, et al” Ophthalmology, Vol 107, (1), 46-47; 2000
- “Ultrasound-Guided Eye Blocks” Howard Palte M.B. Ch.B., F.C.A., & Steven Gayer M.D., M.B.A. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Volume 37, Number 6, pp. 677-678; 2012