Carol K. Petito, M.D.
- American Board of Pathology-Neuropathology
- American Board of Pathology-Anatomic
- Director of Brain and Tissue Bank
- Professor of Pathology and Affiliate Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery
- Program Director, Pathology Residency Training Program
Current area of research involves the effects of HIV on the nervous system, looking at mechanisms involved in neuronal and white matter injury in HIV-infected patients as well as in pathophysiology of viral entry into brain. In addition Dr Petito heads the Brain and Tissue Bank for Developmental Disorders at the Miller School of Medicine. Both receive NIH funding.