Erin N. Marcus, M.D.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Associate Medical Director, UM Institute for Women's Health
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Health maintenance, preventive medicine, primary care medicine, women's health, marine toxins and human health
Health Communications, Underserved Populations, Screening and Prevention
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Other Publications: Marcus EN.. “Screening for Abuse May be Key to Ending It.” The New York Times “Science Times” section, May 20, 2008.
- Chapters: Marcus E. Jellyfish Stings. In: UpToDate, Rose, B.D. (Ed), UpToDate, Wellesley, MA, 2008
- Other Publications: Marcus EN. “Essay: Following Doctor’s Orders is Easy, If You Can Read.” The New York Times “Science Times” section, July 24, 2007.
- Book Review: Sanders L. Marcus EN. Advancing Health Literacy: A Framework for Understanding and Action. The New England Journal of Medicine. 356 (7): pp. 757-8. Feb. 15, 2007.
- Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Articles: Moshfeghi A. Rosenfeld P. Puliafito C. Michels S. Marcus EN. Lenchus J. Venkatraman AS. Systemic Bevacizumab (Avastin®) Therapy for Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration: 24-Week Results of an Uncontrolled, Open-Label Clinical Study. Ophthalmology. 113(11):2002.e1-12, Nov. 2006.
- Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Articles: Marcus EN. The Silent Epidemic -- The Health Effects of Illiteracy. The New England Journal of Medicine. 355 (4): pp. 339-341. July 27, 2006.
- Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Articles: Sanchez M. Gomes H.Marcus EN. Elevated CA 19-9 levels in a patient with Mirizzi Syndrome. Case Report. Southern Medical Journal. 99(2): pp. 160-163. Feb. 2006.
- Other Publications: Marcus EN. “Essay: When Young Doctors Strut Too Much of their Stuff.” The New York Times “Science Times” section, Nov. 21, 2006.
- Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Articles: Michels S. Rosenfeld PJ. Puliafito CA. Marcus EN. Venkatraman AS. Systemic bevacizumab (Avastin) therapy for neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Twelve-week results of an uncontrolled open-label clinical study. Ophthalmology. 112(6): pp. 1035-47, June 2005.
- Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Articles: Marcus EN. Gayer S. Anderson D. Medical Evaluation of Patients Before Ocular Surgery. American Journal of Ophthalmology, 136 (2): pp. 338-9. Aug. 2003.
- Other Publications: Marcus EN. “Cases: When the Patient is Lost in the Translation.” The New York Times “Science Times” section, April 8, 2003.
- Other Publications: Marcus EN. “When TV Commercials Play the Doctor.” Op-Ed article, The New York Times, Jan. 3, 2003
- Other Publications: Marcus E. “Medical Residency Rules: Change is Needed, But to What?” Op-Ed article, The Miami Herald, Sept. 17, 2002
- Chapters: Marcus EN. Menopause. In: Harrigan R., Adler, J. emedicine: AAEM Emergency Medical and Family Health Guide. St. Petersburg. EMedicine Corporation, 2001.
- Chapters: Marcus E. Principles of Women’s Health. In: Kelley’s Textbook of Internal Medicine, H.D. Humes (Ed), Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2000.