Israel Wiznitzer, M.D.
- American Board of Internal Med-Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Hematology/Oncology - Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Hematological disorders, benign and malignant, all oncologic malignancies regardless of tumor site.
Health Grades Honor Roll Physician
Member American Society of Clinical Oncololgy
Honors Program in Medical Education; Medical Internship & Residency
Northwestern University Medical School
Post Doctoral Fellowship - Medical Oncology
Yale University School of Medicine
- C Benz, I Wiznitzer, CL Benz: Steroind binding and cytotoxicity in cultured human pancreatic carcinomas. In: Hormones and Cancer 2. Raven Press, NY 223-228, 1984
- C Benz, I Wiznitzer, SH Lee: Flow cytometric analysis of fluorescent estrogen bindingin cancer cell suspensions. In: Morphologic Localization of Positive Steroid Receptors, Vol 1: Experimental Systems. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL 95-110, 1985.
- C Benz, I Wiznitzer, SH Lee: Flow cytometric analysis of fluorescein-conjugated estradiol binding in breast cancer suspensions. Cytometry 6; 260-268, 1985
- FA Holmes, JA O'Shaugnessy, S Vukeja, J Shogan, J Glaspy, M Moore, L Meza, I Wiznitzer, TA Neumann, LR Hil, BC Liang. Blinded, Randomized Multicenter Study to Evaluate Single Administration of Pegfilgrastim Once per Cycle vs Daily Filgrastim as an Adjunct to Chemotherapy in Patients with High Risk Stage II or Stage III/IV Breast Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology 20: 727-731, 2002.
- JS Rader, D Clarke-Pearson, M Moore, L Carson, R Holloway, MS Kao, I Wiznitzer, EC Douglass. A Phase II Study to Determine the Efficacy and Tolerability of Intravenous ZD9331 in Heavily Pre-treated Patients with Ovarian Cancer. Gynecologic Oncology 2003
- International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Collaborative Group (I Wiznitzer as a contributing member). Cisplatin-Based Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Patients with Completely Resected Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. NEJM 350: 351-360. January 22, 2004
- JB Bussel MD, DJ Kuter MD, JN George MD, R McMillan MD, LM Aledort MD, GT Conklin MD, AE Lichtin MD, RM Lyons MD, J Nieva MD, JS Wasser MD, I Wiznitzer MD, R Kelly BS, CF Chen PhD, JL Nichol MS. AMG 531, a Thrombopoiesis-Stimulating Protein for Chronic ITP. NEJM 355: 1672-1681. October 19, 2006