Orlando E. Silva, M.D.
- American Board of Internal Med-Hematology
- American Board of Internal Med-Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- Hematology/Oncology - Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Director of Breast Cancer Education
- Faculty Member "Jay Weiss Center for Social Medicine and Health Equity"
- Faculty Member Associate member of the Educational Develeopment office
- Faculty Member UM Graduate School
Dr. Silva's clinical interests include patient care, clinical trials and education, with emphasis onbreast cancer .
Research interest include breast cancer with emphasis on breast oncology and the education of oncologists.
Meddy Award 2013 Best Medical Mission Organization
Milan Breast Cancer Conference
Knights of Columbus, Community Service Award
Outstanding Hispanic Award at the Americano’s First Annual Hispanic Forum.
Service Recognition Award from the Parish of San Agustin
Tapped into Iron Arrow Society
Iron Arrow Honor Society
Iron Arrow Honor Society
VIce President of the Umberto Veroneso Alumni Club
Recognition Award for Love, Compassion and Healing for the Sick, the Poor ans Wounded
Community Service Award for Outstanding Care
Regnition Award for Community Service In raising Breast Cancer Awareness
Visiting Professor in Oncology
Bruce A. Jones Award
Scientific Program Award
Bronze Beeper Award
University of Miami, School of Law
Duke University Medical Center
University of Michigan Hospital
Northwestern University Medical School
University of Miami
- “Breast Cancer: A Guide For Fellows” Breast Cancer Book, 1st Edition, 1999. Elsevier Science Publishing House Silva OE, Zurrida S, Presentation by Professor Umberto Veronesi. Best Seller- Sold 12,000 copies worldwide Reprinted 2000
- Breast Cancer: A Practical Guide” Breast Cancer Book, 2nd Edition, 2000. Elsevier Science Publishing House Silva OE, Zurrida S, Presentation by Professor Umberto Veronesi. Best Seller- Sold 22,000 copies worldwide Translated into Portuguese and Korean Reprinted 2001, 2003
- Breast Cancer: A Practical Guide” Breast Cancer Book, 3rd Edition, 2005. Elsevier Science Publishing House Silva OE, Zurrida S, Presentation by Professor Umberto Veronesi. Best Seller- To Date 15,000 copies sold worldwide Reprinted 2006, 2007
- Lung Cancer: A Practical Guide” 1st Edition, Elsevier Science Publishing House Silva OE, Raez L Printed: January 2008
- Prostate Cancer: A Practical Guide” 1st Edition Elsevier Science Publishing House Silva OE, Wahab M Printed: January 2008
- Prostate Cancer: A Practical Guide” Chinese translation from English language Elsevier (Singapore) Pte Ltd Silva OE, Wahab M Printed: January 2009
Dr. Silva is a medical oncologist specializing in breast cancer. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, a Diplomat of the American Boards of Internal Medicine, Hematology, Oncology and Forensic Medicine. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and other national and international medical societies.
In 2002, Dr. Silva created the InterAmerican Breast Cancer Conference, which is held in Cancun, Mexico. The conference has turned into a world meeting focusing on “what to do with your patient at the bedside.” One of the objectives of the meeting is to create a bridge across the Atlantic Ocean which will unite American and European physician/scientists. At this biannual meeting, Dr. Silva established the Umberto Veronesi Award for Excellence in Breast Cancer Research and Development.Dr. Silva founded the Emmaus Medical Mission in 2003, which completes at least two medical missions a year. The missions are dedicated to treating the medical needs of the underserved, impoverished and forgotten people of Latin America