Shahriar Shahzeidi, M.D.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics-Sleep Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Pulmonology
- Sleep Medicine - Pediatrics
- Pediatric Pulmonary (Pediatrics)
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
- Director of Pediatric Sleep Center, Holtz Children's Hospital
Dr Shahriar Shahzeidi is an Assistant Professor in Clinical Pediatrics in the Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Pediatrics at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. Dr Shahzeidi is the Director of Pediatric Sleep Center. Dr Shahzeidi joined the University of Miami in 2004 and developed the Pediatric Sleep Disorders Program. He is a graduate of Howard Medical Center and completed his fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine at the Children National Medical Center and George Washington University in Washington DC. Dr Shahzeidi is the winner of the Roland and Waldean Nickens scientific research award from Howard University College of Medicine and also received an award for scientific and academic achievement from Children's National Medical Center. Dr Shahzeidi's interest is primarily in Pediatric Sleep disorders and in particular insomnia, which is caused by traumatic as well as a number of other types of brain injuries in children. Dr Shahzeidi is currently performing polysomnography to find the most effective treatment for distorted sleep architecture which happens commonly after brain injury.