Mohammad A. Aziz-Sultan, M.D.
- Neurological Surgery
- Associate Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery and Neurointerventional Radiology
- Chief of Neuroendovascular
Dr. Aziz-Sultan's sub-specialty interest area is in Neuroendovascular treatments and conditions.
Roberto C. Heros Faculty Teaching Award, University of Miami
NIH Commendation Award
2008 Cerebrovascular Fellowship
2006 Senior Resident
University of Miami Leonard Miller School of Medicine
2006 Neurosurgery Residency
University of Miami MILLER School of Medicine
2005 Endovascular Fellowship
2004 Clinical Fellowship
Department of Radiology, University of Miami
2000 Surgical Internship
Department of Surgery, Georgetown University
George Washington University
1996 Research Assistant
National Institute of Health, NINDS
George Mason University
- Elhammady MS, Aziz-Sultan MA, Wolfe SQ: Vascular and Tumorogenic Diseases of the Spine. In Deshais E, (eds). Handbook of Endovascular Surgery New York: Thieme. (Chapter in press)
- Hanel R, Aziz-Sultan MA, Spetzler RF: Vascular neurosurgery of the spine. In Samandouras G, (eds). The Neurosurgeon's Handbook. UK: Oxford University Press, pp. 629-634.
- Prusmack CJ, Baskaya MK, Jea AH, Aziz-Sultan MA: Roberto C. Heros, A Mentor and Teacher Like No Other. A Glimpse of His Daily Teaching of Neurosurgery Residents. University of Miami, FL.
Having completed a Neuroendovascular fellowship program at the Barrow Institute in Phoenix, AZ, Dr. Aziz-Sultan returned to the University of Miami in June 2007, as Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery and Neurointerventional Radiology. Dr. Aziz-Sultan completed his residency at the University of Miami and is a graduate of George Washington School of Medicine in Washington, DC. He trained at the George Washington University Neurological Institute in Microvascular Surgery. He has been awarded the Glew Award at the 62nd Beaumont Research Day at GWU Medical School, and an NIH Commendation. Dr. Aziz-Sultan's sub-specialty interest area is in Neuroendovascular treatments and conditions.