Chukwuemeka V. Ikpeazu, Sr., M.D., Ph.D., MBA, FACP
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Med-Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- Hematology/Oncology - Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Lung cancer, head and neck cancers, thoracic cancers, Melanoma, Sarcoma, Genitourinary, Thyroid malignancies, unknown primary
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
1996-1998 Fellowship-Medical Oncology
East Tennessee State University School of Medicine
1994-1996 Residency-Internal Medicine
Meharry Medical College
1992-1994 Residency-Internal Medicine
Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
1992 Graduate School
Meharry Medical College
- Ikpeazu, E.V., Valenzuela, M.S. : A Unique Deletion in pBR322 DNA Caused by Insertion of Poly (dA). Poly (dT). Plasmid 21, 247-250 (1989).
- Hardy, R.E., Ikpeazu, E.V.: Bone Marrow Transplantation: A Review. J. Natl. Med. Assoc. 81(5): 518-523, May, 1989.
- Valenzuela, M.S., Ikpeazu, E.V., Siddiqui, K.A.I. : E. coli Growth Inhibition by a High Copy Number Derivative of Plasmid pBR322. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 219, 876-883 (1996).
- Ikpeazu, E.V. and Kaplon, M.K.: Cryptococcal Meningitis occurring at 19 months after Cladribine therapy for Hairy Cell Leukemia. Eur. J. Haematol. 1998 Oct. 61(4): 286-287.
- Ikpeazu, E.V.; Davidson, M.; Halteman, D; Goodman, S.; Browning, P.; and Brandt, S.: Donor Origin of Circulating Endothelial Cell Progenitors after Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 6:301-308 (2000).
- Coates L, Ikpeazu EV, Chen Y, Valenzuela MS. Inhibition of DNA replication by berenil in plasmids containing Poly(dA)poly(T) sequences. Plasmid 2002 Mar; 47(2): 120-8.
- Gilbert J, Dang T, Cmelak A, Shyr Y, Netterville J, Burkey B, Chung CH,Ikpeazu E and Murphy BA: Single Agent Irinotecan for The Treatment of Metastatic or Recurrent Squamous Carcinoma of the Head and Neck (SCCHN). Clinical Medicine: Oncology 2007:1 67–71.
- Ikpeazu, Chukwuemeka. Biomarker Analysis In The Management Of Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Manuscript in preparation
Chukwuemeka V. Ikpeazu, M.D., Ph.D. is a board certified medical oncologist. He is an associate professor of clinical medicine in the division of hematology oncology at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine.
Dr. Ikpeazu has extensive experience with the National Cancer Institute Cooperative Group and Pharmaceutical Company where he helped initiate trials in lung and head & neck cancer, as well as studies in supportive oncology. His clinical interests include thoracic oncology, head & neck oncology, thyroid cancer, melanoma, and sarcomas. He is also versed in the science of chemotherapy side effects and their management.