Mario A. Landera, SLP.D.
- Fax: 305-243-1283
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Assistant Professor
Swallowing and swallowing disorders, voice and voice disorders, head and neck cancer speech and swallowing rehabilitation, alaryngeal speech
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida
Florida State University
- Lundy, D.S. Landera, M.A., & Sargi, Z.B. (2016). Prolonged dysphagia following chemoradiation of the soft palate and tonsillar fossa. In: Cases in Head and Neck Cancer: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Hoffman Ruddy, B., Ho, H., Sapienza, C., & Lehman, J.L. (Eds.). Plural Publishing, Inc., San Diego, CA.
- Landera, M.A. (2015, February 19). One size does not fit always. InHealth Pro Newsletter, pp. 1.
- Gerhard, J.D., Landera, M.A., Lundy, D.S., Rosow, D.E., Ruiz, J.W., & Bremekamp Odlum, J. (2014). Integration of a medical voice program in the performing community: Establishing an extended voice team network. Perspectives on Voice and Voice Disorders, 24, 130-135.
- Moon, S., Raffa, F., Ojo, R., Landera, M.A., Weed, D.T., Sargi, Z., & Lundy, D. (2014). Changing trends of speech outcomes after total laryngectomy in the 21st century. The Laryngoscope, 124, 2508-2512.
- Landera, M.A., Odlum, J., & Lundy, D. S. (2013). Swallowing evaluation of the patient with head and neck cancer. Perspectives on Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia), 22, 53-60.
- Lundy, D.S., Landera, M.A., Bremekamp, J., &, Weed, D. (2012). Longitudinal tracheoesophageal puncture size stability. Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, 147, 885-888.
- Landera, M.A., Lundy, D.S., & Sullivan, P.A. (2010). Dysphagia after total laryngectomy. Perspectives on Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia), 19, 39-44.
- Dysphagia After Total Laryngectomy
- Lundy, D.S., & Landera, M.A. Vocal fold symmetry and phase characteristics. (2010). In: Kendall, K.A., Leonard, R.J., eds., Laryngeal Evaluation. Thieme Medical Publishers, New York, NY, 135-139.
- Landera, M. (2004). From former client to future SLP. The ASHA Leader, 9, 25, 29.
Mario A. Landera, SLP.D., CCC-SLP, BCS-S is an Assistant Professor for UHealth Otolaryngology. He earned his Doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology (SLP.D.) from Nova Southeastern University. Dr. Landera is also a Board Certified Specialist in Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (BCS-S). He holds his Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. He is also an active member of the Florida Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Dr. Landera has been practicing in our department since 2007. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of voice and oropharyngeal swallowing disorders, as well as head and neck cancer speech and swallowing restoration. He is proficient in conducting videofluoroscopic swallow studies (modified barium swallow studies), fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing, videostroboscopy, and management of voice prostheses following tracheoesophageal voice restoration after total laryngectomy. He has made multiple presentations on the state, national, and international level due to his recognition in his areas of specialty. He has also published a number of articles in peer-reviewed journals.