Krishna V. Komanduri, M.D.
- American Board of Internal Med-Hematology
- Hematology/Oncology - Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Director, Adult Stem Cell Transplant Program
- Professor of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology
Stem Cell Transplant
Best Doctors in America
Best Doctors in America
Kalish Family Endowed Chair in Stem Cell Transplantation
Elected, American Society of Clinical Investigation
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Division of Cancer Medicine Leadership in Education Award,
University of California AIDS Research Program Fellowship
UCSF Amgen Research Fellowship in Medical Oncology
UCLA Solomon Scholar Research Award
President, University of Minnesota Medical School Class of
Merck Foundation Graduating Medical Student Award
Minnesota Medical Foundation Outstanding Student Award
University of Minnesota Presidents Student Leadership & Service Award
Minnesota Medical Foundation Student Research
President, University of Minnesota Medical Student Council
National Merit Scholar
1996-1999 Postdoctoral Fellowship
Gladstone Institute of Virology & Immunology, UCSF, San Francisco, California,
1994-1997 Clinical Fellowship
University of California, San Francisco, California
1991-1994 Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine
University of California, Los Angeles, California
University of Minnesota Medical School
Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
- Lekakis L, Komanduri KV. Immunologic outcomes of allogeneic stem cell transplantation: graft-versus-host and graft-versus-leukemia responses and implications for future therapy, in Advances in tumor immunology and immunotherapy, 2013.
- Komanduri KV Gajewski J. Immune Reconstitution after Stem Cell Transplantation. In: Cellular Therapy: A Physician's Handbook. American Association of Blood Banks, 2004
- Komanduri KV McCune JM. Development and Reconstitution of T Lymphoid Immunity. In: Retroviral Immunology. Humana Press, 2001.
- Solomon S Komanduri KV. The Immune System. In: Biotherapy: A Comprehensive Overview. Jones and Bartlett, 38-63, 2000.
- Kleiner G, Kritzer-Cheren M, Phillip Ruiz P, Komanduri K, Lekakis L. Textbook: Transplantation Pathology: Pathology of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, 2013
- Parikh SH, Mendizabal A, Benjamin CL, Komanduri KV, Antony J, Petrovic A, Hale G, Driscoll TA, Martin PL, Page K, Flickinger K, Moffet J, Niedzwiecki D, Kurtzberg J, Szabolcs P. A novel reduced intensity conditioning regimen for unrelated umbilical cord blood transplantation in children with non-malignant diseases. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013 Nov 29. doi:pii: S1083-8791(13)00558-2. 10.1016/j.bbmt.2013.11.021. [Epub ahead of print]
- Newman RG, Ross DB, Barreras H, Herretes S, Podack ER, Komanduri KV, Perez VL, Levy RB. The allure and peril of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: overcoming immune challenges to improve success. Immunol Res. 2013 Nov 23. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24272856 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- Komanduri KV, Wieder ED, Benjamin CL, Levy RB. The evolving art of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: translational research in post-transplant immune reconstitution and immunosuppression.Immunol Res. 2013 Nov 17. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24242818 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher
- Díaz-Montero CM, Zidan AA, Pallin MF, Anagnostopoulos V, Salem ML, Wieder E, Komanduri K, Montero AJ, Lichtenheld MG. Understanding the biology of ex vivo-expanded CD8 T cells for adoptive cell therapy: role of CD62L. Immunol Res. 2013 Nov 12. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24218360 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher
- Ross D, Jones M, Komanduri K, Levy RB. Antigen and lymphopenia-driven donor T cells are differentially diminished by post-transplantation administration of cyclophosphamide after hematopoietic cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013 Oct;19(10):1430-8. doi: 10.1016/j.bbmt.2013.06.019. Epub 2013 Jun 29.