Frances Valdes, M.D.
- American Board of Internal Med-Hematology
- American Board of Internal Med-Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- Hematology/Oncology - Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Doctor of Medicine
Duke Univeristy -B.S. Biological Sciences, magna cum laude
- Caralis, P., Dybuco, J., Valdes, F.: Cardiovascular disease in women: Attitudes and risk behavior. Clin. Res. 41: 353A, 1993.
- Nowicki, S., Podos, J., Valdes, F.: Temporal patterning of within-song type and between-song type variation in song repertoires. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology 34: 329-335, 1994.
- Walston, J., Silver, K., Laheri, A., Valdes, F., et al.: The Trp64Arg beta-3-adrenergic receptor variant is not associated with the insulin resistance syndrome in participants of the Baltimore Longitudinal Study on Aging (BLSA). J. Gerontology
- Valdes, F., Chow, W.A.: The HIV protease inhibitor Nelfinavir inhibits human SW872 liposarcoma clonogenicity by inducing apoptosis and is associated with an increase in levels of SREBP-1. AACR Meeting Abstracts, Mar 2004; 2004: 123. Abstract# 535
- F. Valdes, J. H. Doroshow, W. Chow, L. Leong, K. Margolin, R. Morgan, P. Twardowski, Z. Al-Kadhimi, P. Frankel, G. Somlo: Tandem High-Dose Chemotherapy and Peripheral Stem Cell Rescue in Patients with Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcomas, Ewing’s/PNET and Rhabdomyosarcoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2005 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings. Vol 23, No. 16S, Part I of II (June 1 Supplement), 2005: 9065.
- Chow, W.A., Guo, S., Valdes, F.: HIV protease inhibitor (PI) therapy for liposarcoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2006 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings Part I. Vol 24, No. 18S (June 20 Supplement), 2006: 9564.
- Chow, W.A., Pan, J., Mott, M., Valdes, F., et al.: Phase I study of nelfinavir in liposarcoma. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology.