Larry L. Young, M.D.
- American Board of Internal Med-Rheumatology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Rheumatology-Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Jackson Memorial Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program Award for Outstanding Teacher
University of Miami Department of Medicine Fellow Of The Year Award
Jackson Memorial Hospital Residency Awards for Excellence Emergency Medicine
Jackson Memorial Hospital Residency Awards for Excellence Ambulatory Care
Distinction in Biochemistry, University of the West Indies at St. Augustine
Honors in Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology & Internal Medicine
National Government Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
2005 Rheumatology Fellowship
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
2003 Internal Medicine Residency
Jackson Memorial Hospital / University of Miami
1996 Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
University of the West Indies
- Young L, Keitz SA: Does this adult patient have septic arthritis. JAMAEvidence online Educational Guide 2011.
- Young, L: How Do I Perform a Lumbar Puncture and Analyze the Results to Diagnose Bacterial Meningitis? JAMAEvidence Online Educational Guide 2011
- Hoffman RW, Young L: Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. Essential Evidence Plus online manuscript. 2010. Wiley-Blackwell
- Young L, Lozada C, Hoffman RW: Overlap Syndromes BMJ Point of Care online monograph. 2010
Larry Young, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Rheumatology and a board certified rheumatologist and internist at the University of Miami. Dr. Young completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami before joining the faculty at UM. He is the Rheumatology Section Chief at the Miami VA Medical Center where he is actively involved in residency training, and is Associate Program Director for the Rheumatology Fellowship training program. His clinical interests include the systemic vasculitides and his educational activities have focused on Evidence Based Medicine.