Ikechukwu I. Akunyili, M.D.
- American Board of Internal Med-Hematology
- American Board of Internal Med-Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Hematology/Oncology - Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Asst. Professor of Clinical
Lung and GI malignancies
Peter A. Cassileth Award to the outstanding graduating fellow in the department of
2011 Assistant Professor
University of Miami; Assistant Professor Clinical, Division of Hematology and Oncology
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital; Fellowship in Hematology and Oncology
Howard University Hospital (HUH), Washington, DC.
Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Hospital, Grimsby United Kingdom;
- Arango, B, Akunyili I. Newer Agents in Colon Cancer: What’s next? Current Colorectal Cancer Reports March 2013, Volume 9, Issue 1, pp 74-84.
- Akunyili I, Rocha Lima C, Macintyre J, Solis N, Sleeman D et al. EUS-FNA Cytology with Rescue Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) for the Diagnosis of Pancreatic Carcinoma. J Clin Oncol 29: 2011 (suppl; abstr e14641)
- Akunyili I et al. Sustained response to FOLFOX and Bevacizumab in metastatic bronchial carcinoid – A case report and review of the literature. J Gastointestinal Oncol. Vol. 2, No 2 (2011) 117 - 121. PMID: 22811840
- Chapman-Fredricks J, Montague N, Akunyili I, Ikpatt O. Extraoral Plasmablastic Lymphoma With Intravascular Component and MYC Translocation. Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, 2012 Jan;16(1):48-53. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2010.11.002. Epub 2011 Jan 15. PMID: 21239197
- Hansra DM, Montague N, Stefanovic A, Akunyili I et al. Oral and Extraoral Plasmablastic Lymphoma: Similarities and differences in clinicopathological characteristics. AJCP. Vol 135, No 5 (2010). 710 - 719. PMID: 20959653