The Distinguished Collaboration Series (DCS) is a new lecture format from a team of distinguished internal speakers. The lectures focus on different aspects of the same scientific/clinical problem and explores the interrelationships between basic cancer research and clinical medicine.
Sylvester’s Distinguished Guest Lecture Series provides a forum for outstanding clinical and translational researcher guest lecturers to interact and ultimately collaborate with Sylvester faculty. The focus of the series is to bring basic science and clinical researchers together to discuss recent advances in the understanding and treatment of human cancer – a realization of the “bench to bedside” ideal. The audience is typically a mix of clinicians, clinical researchers, basic scientists, and physician scientists.
For UM faculty, staff and students who would like to view the video of these lectures, please visit our CALENDAR. Click the tab for Distinguished Lecture Series then select date of the lecture you would like to view. To watch the video, click the link below the flyer then enter password : OETDLS (all caps) when prompted.
The Annual Zubrod Memorial Lecture is held to honor Charles Gordon Zubrod, M.D., a devoted physician-scientist, extraordinary leader and a valued colleague who set high standards in order to create a center of excellence at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
For more information contact the Sylvester Office of Education & Training at 305-243-2287.
The Podack Memorial Symposium honors an extraordinary individual who was Professor and Chair, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Eckhard Podack, MD, PhD made several seminal discoveries in the fields of immunology and cancer. A number of external and internal speakers who were influenced by Dr. Podack spoke at the day-long symposium. Graduate students and post-doctoral fellows were invited to lunch in small groups with the external speakers to discuss mutual research interests.
Global Oncology and International Programs videos
ASCO Review – 2017 University of Miami
- Updates on Head & Neck Cancers – Dr. Ikpeazu
- Updates on GU Cancers – Dr. Merchan
- GI Tumor Update – Dr. Pimentel (in Spanish)
- Lung Cancer Update – Dr. Mudad
- Lymphoma/Hem Malignancies Update – Dr. Alencar
- Update on Breast Cancer – Dr. Mahtani
- Update on Melanoma – Dr. Feun
- Update on Sarcoma – Dr. Wilky
- Expert Opinions in Prostate Cancer Brazil 2017 – Dr. Lopes
- Sarcoma Update from Dr. Trent (ASCO)
- GU Highlights from Dr. Merchan
- Melanoma Highlights from Dr. Acquavella
- Gynecology Updates from Dr. Slomovitz
- Hem Malignancies and Ongoing Research at Sylvester – Dr. Nimer (ASCO)
- Lymphoma Review from Dr. Alencar (ASH 2017)
- ASH 2017 Highlights from Dr. Nimer (ASH 2017)
- ESMO 2017 Presidential
- Presidential Symposium on Lung Cancer, ESMO 2017 – Dr. Jahanzeb
- Webinar with Dr. Lopes, Dr. Mudad, and Dr. Villamizar on updates in lung cancer: (this one even includes a video recording of a surgery!)
- International Tumor Board on sarcoma with Dr. Trent and Dr. Wilky and Instituto Oncologico Heriberto Pieter in the Dominican Republic plus Hospital de Clinicas Porto Alegre in Brazil
- Closing the Cancer Divide: Lessons from Women’s Health – Dr Felicia Knaul