U Survive & Thrive
Monday, October 28, 2013
Medical Wellness Center
A BRIDGE TO FITNESS PROGRAM
Sylvester’s U Survive & Thrive program for cancer survivors is designed to provide guidance for implementing healthy lifestyle behaviors, improving cardiovascular fitness levels and increasing muscle conditioning in a safe and supervised setting. The U Survive & Thrive program is designed for cancer survivors who are nearing treatment completion and focusing on physical recovery.
U Survive & Thrive is offered by Sylvester Exercise Oncology in partnership with the UHealth Fitness and Wellness Center. The program includes:
- Initial fitness assessment and evaluation
- Tailored exercise prescription
- Weekly supervised exercise sessions
- Weekly physical activity counseling
- Weekly exercise logs
- Follow up fitness assessment and exercise plan
- Program summary communication with oncologist
- Two month membership at the UHealth Fitness and Wellness Center
Participants in the U Survive & Thrive program will be required to obtain consent to participate from their oncologist and complete a program application.
The cost of the two month program is $72.00 ($36.00/month).
To learn more or to enroll contact:
Stacy Cutrono, Ph.D. RCEP
Oncology Exercise Physiologist