Timothy Murray, M.D.
Associate Professor of Opthalmology
Description of Research
Dr. Murray's research interests include translational and clinical research in ocular oncology with a focus on combined modality focal therapies, tumor responses to periocular chemotherapy, and external beam radiotherapy and hyperthermia. His main expertise is in Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration, Macular Diseases, Intraocular Tumors, Ophthalmic Oncology, Vitreoretinal Diseases and Surgery, and Retinoblastoma.
Selected Cancer-Related Publications
- Huang S, Fabian J, Murray T, Shi W. Symptomatic Circumscribed Choroidal Hemangioma Undergoing PDT: VA Outcomes. Optom Vis Sci 86:286-289, 2009. Read more »
- Piña Y, Boutrid H, Schefler A, Dubovy S, Feuer W, Jockovich ME, Murray TG. Blood vessel maturation in retinoblastoma tumors: spatial distribution of neovessels and mature vessels and its impact on ocular treatment. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1020-4, 2009. Read more »
- Ruggeri M, Tsechpenakis G, Jiao S, Jockovich ME, Cebulla C, Hernandez E, Murray TG, Puliafito CA. Retinal tumor imaging and volume quantification in mouse model using spectral-domain optical coherence tomography. Opt Express 17:4074-83, 2009. Read more »
- Leng T, Schefler AC, Murray TG. Retinal vascular tumor and peripheral retinal vasculitis in the setting of systemic tuberculosis. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 40:409-12, 2009. Read more »
- Seider M, Lujan BJ, Gregori G, Jiao S, Murray TG, Puliafito CA. Ultra-high resolution spectral domain optical coherence tomography of traumatic maculopathy. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 40:516-21,2009. Read more »
Collaborating in the Multidisciplinary Research Program(s):