Onco-Genomics Core Facility
The Onco-Genomics Shared Resource (OGSR) is a state-of-the-art open-core facility created in 2007 and located in the in the Biomedical Research Building (BRB). The OGSR provides investigators access to a wide range of services for the study of to functional genomics with a strong focus on applications for epigenetics. The OGSR employs four full-time Research Associates and a faculty-level Director overseen by a Shared Resources and Cancer Epigenetics Program leadership. Services span RNA/DNA extraction and QC, qPCR, droplet digital-PCR, PCR-free gene expression assays, single-cell sample prep and gene expression analysis, miRNA and CNV assays, and rapid run next generation sequencing.
- Illumina NextSeq 500 sequencer
- NanoString MAX system
- Fluidigm C1 single cell autoprep system
- Fluidigm Biomark HD nanofluidic qPCR system
- Raindance Raindrop droplet digital PCR system
- Bio-Rad QX200 droplet digital PCR system
- Two Roche Lightcycler LC480 qPCR machines with autoloader & refrigerated plate stacker
- Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100, nanoDrop n8000, and Qubit 3.0
- Eppendorf epMotion 5075 automated pipetting system
- Bio-Rad C1000 deep well PCR machine
- Eppendorf MasterCycler Pro-S PCR machine
- Thermo Fisher swing bucket centrifuge
- Covaris Cryoprep
1) Nucleic Acid Extraction, quantification & QC: Extraction, quantification and QC of DNA/RNA from all sources including cells, tissue, biofluids, FFPE and low input specimens.
2) Gene Expression & Molecular Counting Assays: This category comprises assays quantify RNA or DNA targets without generating sequence data. The most common application is for examining gene expression including miRNA assays. These approaches can also be used to look at viral load and copy number variation. Services falling into this category include NanoString, ddPCR, qPCR.
3) Next Generation Sequencing: The OGSR acquired an Illumina NextSeq 500 in 2014 to support the focus on epigenetics services. A broad range of services can be run using this technology. Principle services are the library prep and sequencing components of RNA-Seq methodologies including whole transcriptome, GRO-Seq, Ribo-Seq etc. Sub-genomic DNA-Seq approaches are also covered such as ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq and amplicon sequencing.
Contact OGSR directly or visit the website for a full list of services and fees
Sion Williams, Ph.D., OGSR Director
1550 N.W. 10th Avenue, FOX 100 (M877)
Miami, FL 33101
Biomedical Research Building (BRB) 542C
1501 N.W. 10th Avenue
Miami, FL 33136