Welcome to the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s (Sylvester) Clinical Research Services (CRS) – Research Committees
Clinical Research Services comprises resources to aid in the research initiative at Sylvester. These services provide the investigator with the essentials to conduct research within the Cancer Center. Investigator resources include:
- Protocol Development via the Protocol Development Office
- Medical Study Start-Up
- Investigator New Drug (IND) via CRS Regulatory
- Feasibility Review Committee (FRC) via CRS Research Committees
- Research Concierge via CRS Research Committees
- Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC) via CRS Research Committees
- Data Safety & Monitoring Committee (DSMC) via CRS Research Committees
The Clinical Research Services is led by Jonathan C. Trent, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Director of Clinical Research, Helen Peck, RN, MA, OCN, CCRP Executive Director, Clinical Research Services, Andrew Nilson, BHA, Director, Regulatory Support and Simmy (Simonnette) Thompson, MPH, CIP, CCRP, Director of Research Support – Research Committees.
Michael Samuels, MD is the Medical Director of the Clinical Trial Office.
The Division of Research Committees
The Division of Research Committees is responsible for ensuring that all cancer-related research is reviewed by the PRMC, monitored by the DSMC if applicable and is feasible to be conducted at Sylvester.