Transgenic Animal Technologies
The Transgenic Animal Shared Resource has advanced technology and instrumentation specific to its area.
The mouse embryo manipulation laboratory operates two dedicated microinjection stations, one for injecting DNA into single cell embryos and another for the injection of ES cells into blastocysts.
The ES Cell Culture section is a fully equipped tissue culture laboratory with the following equipment and instrumentation:
- Zeiss Telaval 31 Inverted Microscope
- Olympus IMT-2 Inverted Microscope
- Zeiss Axiovert 100TV inverted microscope
- Dissecting Stereoscopic Microscopes
- Baker Tissue Culture Hood
- C02 Incubators
- BTX ECM 630 Electroporator
- Hamilton Thorne XYClone Laser Ablator
For mouse preservation and storage manipulation, a Bio-Cool IV Model BCIV40A Controlled Rate Freezer and a Forma CryoPlus1 Liquid Nitrogen Freezer are being used.