Cancer Resource Center
In partnership with the American Cancer Society, the Cancer Resource Center is now open to current patients, survivors, and caregivers at Sylvester/UMHC in Miami. The Cancer Resource Center’s specially trained volunteers offer guidance to cancer patients and their families on how to access supportive services and programs offered by Sylvester and the American Cancer Society.
The goal of the Cancer Resource Center is to provide compassionate assistance to our cancer patients throughout their journey. Navigating through information and resources can be overwhelming, so stop by during your next hospital visit, and let us be your guide.
Our volunteers can help patients and their families by offering the following services:
- Computer to access information through the American Cancer Society’s website
- Easy access to hospital and community support groups and events
- Transportation and lodging support
- Free wigs, scarves, caps, and other types of head wraps
- Free mastectomy bras and prostheses
- Educational books, newsletters, and pamphlets
- Sign-up for dynamic programs such as Look Good Feel Better
The Cancer Resource Center is located on the second floor of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center/UMHC in Miami across from our retail pharmacy in room 2310. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Walk-ins are welcome.